- 14 Mar, 2020
- Posted By : Kristel Suess
- Comments : 0
We are writing in regards to the evolving situation with Coronavirus (COVID 19). The health and safety of all of our gymnasts and their families is our number one priority.
At this stage all Club Dynamite classes will continue as normal, with heightened vigilience when it comes to hygiene and cleanliness. We are fortunate to have our own building, which we do not share with any outside parties. This allows us to have greater control over the cleanliness and who exits and enters the premises.
We are in close consultations with health and safety authorities and have been told that it is safe to continue classes at this stage with heightened vigilience, as we only have a fraction of our students present in the facility at any given time. We will follow instructions and guidance from the health department.
We have implemented the following policies.
1. Thourough and regular cleaning and disinfecting of all equipment, mats, boxes etc.
2. Very regular cleaning and disinfecting of all common areas, door knobs, hand rails, toilets etc (this is being done multiple times per day).
3. Removal of cups from the kitchen, as these were often shared, all gymnasts will require their own water bottle.
4. We ask that children displaying any signs of illness are kept home, to encourage this we will allow extra make up classes. Just email us if your child is sick and they will be entitled to a make up, even if they have already had their usual 2 make ups for the block.
5. If a gymnasts comes to the gym showing signs of any illness, they will be isolated and parents contacted to collect them, they will also be entitled to a make up when they have clearance to return.
6. Please follow the reccomended guidelines, set out by the government for self isolation if you have travelled overseas or have come in contact with a diagnosed Coronavirus sufferer.
7. We have 6 hand washing stations throughout then gym, with hand soap dispensers and paper towels (all reusable towels have been removed).
8. All partner work, team work removed from the syllabus. We are not a contact sport, but things like tagging each other in really races, or holding a partner feet to do crunches will be eliminated from our program.
9. All hand equipment will be disinfected directly before use, and the kids will wash their hands after each use.
We will keep you updated as things progress. We do know that physical exercise and strength helps to lift immunity, and we will be implementing specific training exersices in our classes to help strengthen the immune system.